Saturday, March 7, 2009

Touring the Draper Temple







Well today my Home teachers and great people from our ward (Sarah & Jarem Webster) took my family and my mother up to tour the New Draper Temple. I have to say that is was a very humbling experience seeing that I haven't been in side a Temple since I was 13 and did baptisms for the dead. It was extremely beautiful and it was interesting to watch my husband"s reaction as we went through. He had never been through a Temple before, and afterward he was definitely a believer. The kids all behaved(a miracle in it's own wright) my two year old, Brooke even just walked around the entire temple quietly and stared at all the pictures.
There were protesters outside. Me being the person I am, of course I had to say something to the guy who was holding the sign" Joseph smith persecuted the Methodists, Lutherans, etc. I said " Well that's hypocritical isn't it? Aren't you people doing that same thing to us right now?" He didn't have anything to say to that. I thought it was kind of funny.
After touring the Temple and all the sacred rooms in it. I just had a feeling of greater purpose and now know that I want to be sealed to my family for all eternity. So I will be working towards that. At the end of the tour they served yummy cookies and water. I think that was the kids favorite part. =)



3 comments:

  1. It looks like you got your background up and going. Not too hard I hope! I can't believe how big your kids are! After we went through the temple, Branden told me that his favorite part was the spirit he felt when we went inside. It is amazing how much they can sense and how smart they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got tears in my eyes when I read this, that is awesome you guys went. We took my mom as well. I am glad to hear the spirit touched you guys, the hardest part is acting upon it. Any help you just let us know! I didn't see Maygan in the picture, how is she doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way I love your background it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete